Tuesday, August 17, 2010

the girl from yesterday

it all began with my sweet crazy friend from high school reminiscing about her past, her school days. out of the blue, she remembered a certain girl we supposedly saw during our school days. she remembered her being really pretty and we going ga-ga over her. (in those days when we were in an all-girls convent school, we used to have big crushes on girls. pretty girls. boyish girls. anyone.it was pretty normal stuff for us then. and it had nothing to do with being straight or otherwise.. ;) ) but she couldn't remember her clearly and who exactly she was. this got her so irritated that she thought of asking me if i remebered her and the episode. i, who so prides herself in having a good memory and tending to remember incidents well, couldn't remember her at all. this made my friend wonder if it had been all been just her dream. i,on my part, tried and tried to remember but didn't succeed. meanwhile, my friend came up with a name and a school for the girl. i tried searching on facebook and found a girl by that name who had attended that school. but i had a serious doubt it was "the girl". she wasn't pretty enough(geez.. ). my friend confirmed my doubts. she told me it wasn't her at all. so i tried again. but no matching profile came up. by this time, my friend had gone crazy because of the irritation of not being able to find her girl. and she had  passed on some amount of her madness to me. then i thought of asking another friend of mine who had been in that certain school if she knew anyone by that name. it was 5 pm or so when i asked her. her reply came pretty late. 8 pm or so. the one she happened to know was the girl who's profile i had earlier checked out on fb. and she knew no other girl by that name.
by then, after more than 4 hours of torment, my dear friend had obviously lost her mind. she kept asking me if i could recall the girl even a bit. i genuinely tried to. but somehow nothing came to my mind. this went on for an hour or so. and then, my friend told me something about the girl being the sister of a certain guy who used to take tuition classes with us. and suddenly, it hit me!! this girl exists after all!! i knew her brother. i knew her. i can even recall her brother's face. but the sad thing is that when it came to recalling her, all i remember is that she was tall and pretty. i can't remember her face. i don't remember how she looks like. i only remember it was a pretty face. anyway, my friend was extremely happy and relieved to know that i remember her too. and that she wasn't dreaming it up!!
the puzzle is half-solved now. but there's a tougher task ahead of us. we have to find her. we have to find her through fb or orkut or whatever means we can think of. but find her we must. we won't give up that easily. we will search every nook and corner. we will use all our contacts. we will do all we can. we won't rest until we find "the girl from yesterday"!!
and then,my friend wants to see her face; see if she's still pretty!! hopeless case we are. i know. but my sweet friend has been the craziest girl i have known all my life. and the crazier thing is that i am letting myself go crazy along with her!! but then, what would i not do for a friend like her? :)..

No comments:

Post a Comment