Saturday, August 7, 2010

jobless in MANIT

it's been a tiring , disappointing and frustrating week for me... what with placements kicking off here in the college and all that... i sat for two companies; one company to be exact, but different departments: samsung research and development and samsung software.. and yes, i didn't make it through any of the two... the first time i didn't even clear the written aptitude exam...(hopeless, ain't i??) the second time i made it through it but couldn't clear the written technical.. (duh!!).. but after having seen all the cheating going around among the boys and the sort of people who appeared for the exam, i felt good that i at least cleared the aptitude round yesterday.. i lag way behind those people preparing for CAT in the aptitude department.. i have absolutely no practice in the various reasoning type questions... okey most questions are solvable.. the problem is the time limit.. given ample time anyone can solve them... many boys resorted to "group work" or "co-operation"; solving questions in parts and then exchanging answers..how wonderfully time saving!! and unfair!! yes i personally felt it was unfair.. and many girls shared my sentiments... but then we are helpless, aren't we??
anyway i won't dwell on that.. let's get back to my not getting selected in the first two companies i sat.. am i sad? am i disappointed?? am i de-motivated?? in the first place, i knew my chances were very less, what with my comparatively poor aptitude as well as technical skills and my bloody luck that never seems to stand by me or stand for me... okey okey i know that those who deserve will get selected.. but then i have seen people who are not the best in the class getting selected just like that.. am i wrong in calling them lucky?? will i be making a mistake if i say that their luck was with them?? but i can say this with absolute certainty that i have one of the worst lucks anyone can have.. luck is not something i can bank on...
so given my very modest expectations, i am not heartbroken about the fact that i am still jobless... but yes, rejection is always hard to swallow.. there's always a sting associated with failure.. a little disappointment always creeps in.. some uncomfortable questions hang in the air... you start asking yourself if you can ever make it through.... but dwelling on the negativities is not something i can afford to do... and not something i normally do.. so i say, "to hell with samsung" and i move on... one fine day, things will work in my favour and one lucky company will take me... (of course, any company will be lucky to have me.. ;).. hehe..)..
and oh yeah, if no company decides to have me, i will just have to start off a little early with my dream endeavour: a restaurant of my (or our) own..
(placements jaye bhaad me.. !!.. banungi me restaurateur.. :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment