Saturday, August 28, 2010

to fight or not to fight?

i have never understood nor tried to understand when people say fights bring people in a relationship closer and how the "relationship" gets stronger after having gone through numerous fights. and by relationship, i don't mean just a boyfriend-girlfriend one. it includes friendship, plain and simple. i can never get what kind of good fights can bring. personally, it hasn't done me any good; one bad fight and i guess i have had enough.
i don't like fights. i don't like how they sound. they send out too much negative energy all around. they make me uneasy. i can never have a sound sleep knowing that i had a fight with someone. i try my best to avoid getting into fights as much as i can. call me a coward if you want to. call me gutless. call me "miss diplomatic" or whatever. but that's how i am. and that's what i think is right. and i do what i think is right. it's for me to decide how to live.
for the most part of my life, i have rarely got involved in any serious fights; ones that would involve not talking to and not looking at each other's face. i have never found the reason to go pick up a fight with someone close or otherwise. that's how i have lived my life. and it hasn't done me any harm. i have turned out quite well.
sometimes i ask myself: is it because i have not been able to consider anyone close enough to me? i don't know. maybe. maybe not. perhaps it's because i don't demand anything of others nor do i expect much from others. or maybe i am mature enough to know fights don't work. ;). but i will never be sure.
i know i am an anomaly of sorts. i am an aberration. yet i am just happy being the way i am. i was born this way (maybe my parents passed on their genes for this). i can't change even if i wanted to. and i wouldn't change if i could. this is how i was meant to be. and this is how i am.

2 comments:

  1. Well that is one way of going about the things.
    But the fact that fights bring people close, I too have a very big, rather massive doubt over it!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to know someone shares my doubts!! :P

    ReplyDelete