Thursday, August 26, 2010

music to my ears

when it comes to music, "some people" tell me that i have the weirdest and most boring sense of choice. and they have their reasons for this: i am stuck in that by-gone era of the 1970s and 80s and early 90s, and i mostly prefer slow songs. yes, i do have a soft corner for songs of the good old days. and soft slow songs too. but are they reasons enough to call my choice "weird" or "boring"? what, in fact, is weird and what is not? isn't it all a matter of one's tastes being similar or different? what is entertaining to one may be boring to another and vice versa. just because my taste doesn't match with a certain someone doesn't mean the other person's choice is lousy. (some people think otherwise though.)
it's my choice. and i stand by my choice.
i love classic rock. i love country music. i love the blues. i love the good old songs.
any given day, pink floyd songs captivate me.
a "tequila sunrise" can make my day.
"annie's song" makes me wish i were annie.
dixie chicks sound much better than pussycat dolls.
"soulmate" is the best indian band i have heard.

perhaps i am an old soul; an antique piece when it comes to music. 
but it all comes down to one thing: it's good music that i love, be it from the 1970s or 80s or 90s or the most recent decade. (and by good, it may imply anything i come to like... :p) and i have a certain inclination towards songs with good lyrics. i am a sucker for good lyrics. i look for songs with meaning; songs that have a soul.
and however boring some people may label my choice of songs to be, along the way, i have met some people too who happen to share with me the same likings and the same favourite songs. after all, it feels good to know i am not alone!!(well, anyway, i know there must be plenty of uncles and aunties who listen to my kind of songs.. lol. :D).

i think i will keep liking my kind of music and i will keep listening to my kind of songs.
this old soul will stay on.

3 comments:

  1. who finds such taste of music boring ?? bas naam bol, leave the rest to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't think your taste is boring, its classic, girl!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe.. :)
    thnk you guys.. i needed somebody to tell me that.. ;)

    ReplyDelete