Wednesday, August 11, 2010

resolutions before and after

days back i had come up with some weird resolutions. and all of them had to do with my getting placed.
firstly, i had decided i would not get myself a new phone until i got placed. the phone that i have now is not in the best of shape.the speakers are not in proper working order. and the screen is scratched and the cover is broken. my resolution has had the worst effect on the "talking on the phone" aspect. talking to someone through my phone is a frustrating task and both people on either end have to make a great effort to try to hear what the other person is saying and interpret it correctly. i mostly end up shouting out the words or just ending the conversation in frustration. i have even stopped talking to a lot of people on the phone simply because my bloody phone wouldn't let me have a decent conversation. but, now that i am placed, my resolution no longer holds. and i am finally free to get myself a new phone!! i have no resources to do that at this point of time. but i will do some coaxing and then i will have a brand new phone in my hand!!:)
secondly, i had made this resolution to not go back home until i have a job in hand, not that i go home between the semester. but i made this resolution just for the heck of it. today i just started thinking why i should not take a break sometime and head towards the north-east. it would be cool to be at home on my birthday. but it's a long time from now. and then i am always a little concerned about the amount of money it takes to travel to and from home. this aspect always discourages me from making a trip to my home. or should i just ask my parents to come visit me here in bhopal? nice idea and i also know my parents are not gonna be making the trip to bhopal anytime soon. so i guess for the time being, i should just chuck this idea. there's winter break in december. and i will go back home them.
other resolutions i am not really sure of. for one thing, i didn't make the resolution to lose weight. but i ended up losing 3-4 kgs. heartbreaking stuff. so my resolution now that i am placed is that i will eat all meals in a day and gain weight and try to be fit and strong. another one would be to treat myself to some good novels. i have missed reading them. and last but not the least, how can i forget my ambition to play the guitar well! so i resolve to learn playing the guitar with absolute commitment. (why do i seem to have a doubt about the first and last of these?)
gotta see if i have the strength to follow these resolutions. will get back with results in a few days or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment